Sunday, November 18, 2007

Books that changed my life...

I read a lot. I get affected by what I read. Some books have really made me change my way of thinking. Just a few of them:

  1. The Beach by Alex Garland. I love it! This book made me wanna travel all around the world, visit Vietnam. I never get tired of reading it.
  2. The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien. What can I say about this epic trilogy? Underestimated of course!
  3. The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky. One of the most interesting books I've ever read! All the characters seem to be so normal, yet they hide in them many dangerous feelings.
  4. The Trial by Franz Kafka. I originally read this for a school project.
  5. The Last Temptation of Christ by Nikos Kazantzakis. I was thrilled to read this masterpiece!
  6. Christ Recrucified by Nikos Kazantzakis. How can this man be called an atheist? I've never read something so religious and respectful!
  7. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. So prophetic!
  8. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Vern. I was amazed by this book. The descriptions were so real!
  9. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Seriously! The Harry Potter books are among my favorites...
  10. The World's Clock Strikes Midnight by Menelaos Lountemis. No words for this unique book. So moving!
These are just a few books...I'm only writing three Greek books, the ones that inspired me the most. I also love Edgar Allan Poe's writings, rather than the poems. His darkness is so charming!

So...open a book! It'll teach you more than your television!

No comments: