Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It was a good day...

"Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."

Nathaniel Hawthorne

When was the last time you smiled?
When was the last time you smiled without forcing it?
I smiled a lot today...I was with good friends...
Friends from the past, friends I thought I had forgotten and have been forgotten by...
Friends from the present, people I like being with...
Friends I've never seen but feel so close to them...
Music is a friend, a friend who won't betray...
Books are friends, beloved and always adored...
The mirror is a friend, forever there, unchanging...

My guitar is ruined...broken...I need to find a new one...
I get attached to objects...it's hard to let go...

2 comments:

Cute NK2 said...

The last time I smiled is when I read your question asking about it :)
I love those days where your cheeks hurt cos you smiled alot :P and this always happened when I'm with my Iyad .. :D
I get attached to objects too .. and I keep them all the time ..

Vanna said...

I'm smiling more than I used to!
Objects...my room is full of things I don't need but I can't simply throw them away...